Sorry! Somehow you have landed on an older version of our careers page. Please click here to load the current page
New Graduate Civil and Geotechnical Engineering Opportunities
Oil Sands Group – Calgary, Alberta
Step Up to the Challenge
At Klohn Crippen Berger, we have unique opportunities for new graduates to work on challenging projects alongside industry leaders. Projects that have helped develop resources, reclaim landscapes, provide renewable energy, build communities and stimulate economies. We are proud to have an exceptionally talented and diverse group of professionals working for us.
Expect to receive ongoing career development and support from our senior technical and management mentors. Be part of a team that values new ideas, has a passion for technical excellence, and a sense of adventure.
We put our people first, which creates a culture that supports personal and professional development along with a sense of pride in being the best at what we do. KCB is home to some of the most talented and highly regarded engineers, geoscientists and environmental scientists in the world. We’re always looking for new graduates who have strong technical skills and a natural drive for excellence to join our global team.
Step up to the challenge and start your career now with KCB.
As a new graduate, you will:
· have previous related student experience in some of the following areas: site exploration, tailings dam design, min and/or tailings planning, mine pit slope design, embankment dams, water resources and environmental management
· have or will be attaining a Bachelor’s degree in related Civil/Geotechnical fields
· be eligible to register as an EIT in Canada upon graduation
· have demonstrated report writing skills and solid contract administration and project management skills
· have excellent verbal and written English communication skills
· are able to work effectively with a team of professionals
· have strong interpersonal, time management and organization skills
· be willing and available to travel within Alberta to various field locations
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil and gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. KCB is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Lloydminster, Ft. McMurray, Saskatoon and Inuvik, KCB’s Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the onshore and offshore Oil and Gas industry, Oil Sands developments, and in our traditional Mining, Infrastructure and Water Resources markets. Our projects include all geotechnical and geological aspects of pipeline design and maintenance, oil and gas facilities and operations support. KCB is also a leader in tailings management, dam designs, offshore drilling islands, plant site foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical and environmental reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 908-A12.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.