Senior Tailings Engineer – Mining Environmental Group
The Vancouver office of Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) requires a Senior Tailings Engineer to support the growth of our Mining Environmental Group and to contribute to our other global operations. We have numerous world-class projects underway that require the additional support of an experienced industry professional. We are looking for technical leaders who have experience working in multi-disciplinary project teams, managing projects, mentoring and training staff, sustaining excellent client relationships and further developing the business.
This position will suit an individual interested in a diverse mix of technical and managerial work.
This senior role will give you the opportunity to:
· fill a senior technical role focused on tailings storage design, dam design and related mine engineering and operations for projects worldwide, most of which are in extremely challenging environments in remote and logistically challenging locations
· manage and execute projects, including time and budget management and quality control, deliver projects successfully and be accountable for project planning and direction
· prepare and review technical reports, drawings, specifications, bill of quantities, and cost estimates
· sustain client relationships and develop new business
· join a dynamic company of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and environmental services
· travel to project sites worldwide and to KCB offices in Canada, Australia and Peru
If you have a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology, are registered or able to register as a Chartered Engineer or related designation, and have at least 10 years of tailings management experience, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
· experience working on projects related to tailings management and dam design in the mining industry
· modeling, database and spreadsheet skills with a focus on tailings management
· excellent record of project management on projects of varied scope
· demonstrated ability to lead technical teams, providing project strategy and direction to the team and client
· strong decision-making and interpersonal skills; and ability to work with a team of professionals
· excellent verbal and written English communication skills, other languages an asset
· strong initiative, motivation and drive toward long-term success
· ability to operate autonomously and within group environments
· comprehension and application of strong business ethics and health, safety and environmental principles
· energy and passion for developing and servicing world-class mining environmental engineering projects
· ability to travel internationally, often to remote environments with limited communications or logistical support
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 916-M12 at www.klohnjobs.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.