Drafter – Mining Environmental Group
We have an immediate opening for a qualified Drafter. The successful candidate will join a dynamic company of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and environmental services. Initiative, enthusiasm and commitment to technical excellence are all important qualities of our team members.
Duties will include detailed drafting and civil design for predominantly mining earthworks using AutoCad, Land Desktop (LDD) and Civil 3D 2007, 2008, and 2010. Preferably, your experience will be in civil engineering projects including foundations, dams, ponds, roads and drainage.
Your skills will include:
· 3 – 5 years experience with AutoCAD
· Preparing/updating/finalizing and filing engineering drawings
· Highly experienced & proficient with the latest version of AutoCAD
· Experience with topographic and terrain mapping
· Some Land Desktop (LDD) and Civil 3D software experience including knowledge of version 2008 and minimum 1 year Civil 3D experience a must
· Knowledge of earthworks and civil engineering in mining environments would be an advantage
· GIS arcview and map3d knowledge would be an asset
The ideal candidate will have:
· Diploma of Engineering Technology (Civil), Diploma of Civil Engineering (Drafting/Design) or similar from a recognised technical institute
· Strong interpersonal, time management and organisation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and the ability to effectively work with a team of professionals
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. Klohn Crippen Berger is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary & Edmonton, Alberta; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; Sudbury & Toronto, Ontario; Lima, Peru; Brisbane and Perth, Australia and London, United Kingdom. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply on-line, job number 967-M12.
We thank all candidates for applying. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview