Electrical Engineer - Klohn Crippen Berger Job Opportunity
Electrical Engineer - Power & Transportation Group
The ideal candidate will be able to fully participate in an integrated, multi-disciplinary design and construction management team that delivers cost effective, practical engineering design and construction solutions to our clients. Candidates that can demonstrate appropriate experience and skills will have an excellent opportunity to work on a variety of major infrastructure projects.
Klohn Crippen Berger’s current project workload includes electrical work for domestic and international civil infrastructure projects including hydroelectric, resource sector and industrial projects.
Typical Project Work:
- Prepare major equipment, station service, and balance-of-plant contract technical specifications and tender packages for hydroelectric generating stations, pump stations and industrial plants
- Do conceptual to detailed engineering design, engineering calculations, and contingency analysis as applied to hydroelectric generating stations, pumping stations and industrial plants
- Review vendor submissions
- Site inspections and construction monitoring
For the following electrical equipment:
- Generating equipment
- Excitation systems
- Oil-filled and dry-type power transformers
- Switchgear (metal clad and arc-proof)
- Motors and motor control centres
- Cables, trays, and conduits
- Grounding systems
- Diesel generating sets
- Medium voltage power lines
- Control systems and instrumentation
The ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- Appropriate electrical engineering design experience.
- Experience in commissioning, maintenance or construction management is an asset
- Experience for designing one-line, three-line, schematic, and wiring diagrams; general layout drawings; material lists; and cable schedules
- Experience creating drawings and specifications for tender document packages
- A working knowledge of power systems, grounding, governors, protection and control equipment and instrumentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to effectively work with a team of professionals and support staff
- Registration as a P.Eng, or eligible for registration, in British Columbia
- Ability to travel for work within Canada, the USA, and internationally if required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Experience with ETAP, SKM and AutoCAD is advantageous
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with three major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. Klohn Crippen Berger is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies.
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary & Edmonton, Alberta; Sudbury, Ontario; Lima, Peru; and Brisbane and Perth, Australia. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel (in Canada as well as internationally). We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
KCB’s Power and Transportation Group provides (hydroelectric) power, transportation, structural, geotechnical engineering and project management services to clients in a variety of sectors.
- Our mining design team is involved in a wide variety of projects including mine tailings for mineral and oil sands mining clients both in Canada and internationally.
- Our hydroelectric design team is involved in a wide variety of projects including new dams and powerhouses, turbine replacements, and feasibility studies.
- Our structural capabilities include bridge design and rehabilitation, seismic design, and all elements of heavy industrial engineering.
- Our ports and harbours group is a leader in the development of major facilities on Canada’s coasts and internationally.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply with your resume and cover letter, quoting job number 972-P12.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.