Sorry! Somehow you have landed on an older version of our careers page. Please click here to load the current page
SENIOR GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in our Power & Transportation group you will have the opportunity to work on hydroelectric, oil sands, transportation and other civil infrastructure projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working from the Vancouver office where many of KCB’s larger infrastructure design projects are undertaken, you will report to the Senior Department Manager and be responsible for developing cost effective, practical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients.
You will have excellent opportunities to grow with the company and become one of the company’s future leaders as we undertake major infrastructure projects. You will be a part of a dynamic company that strives to ensure both employee and client satisfaction through successful implementation of our clients’ projects.
This senior role will give you the opportunity to
• work with diverse teams of discipline engineers, designers and drafters from conceptual design through preliminary and final design and engineering
• act as a technical resource within their project team(s)
• report progress to our clients and to our senior management at regular intervals
• be a member of site visit teams, gathering information as required to complement the related design activities
• maintain quality throughout a project, implementing improvements when determined
• prepare regular project summary reports
• be a role model and mentor for junior staff and encourage growth within the department, increasing the general knowledgebase throughout the company
• travel within Canada and internationally
If you are currently registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in BC, have 10 to 15 years broad-based experience, including a track record of solid results in heavy civil projects requiring geotechnical and civil engineering skills, and a Bachelor or Masters degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering, we want to hear from you.
We value your
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with three major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. Klohn Crippen Berger is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies.
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta; Sudbury and Toronto, Ontario; Lima, Peru; London, UK; and Brisbane and Perth, Australia. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel (in Canada as well internationally).
KCB’s Power and Transportation Group provides multi-discipline engineering services for heavy civil infrastructure projects and clients in a variety of sectors. Disciplines include environmental, civil, hydrotechnical, mechanical, electrical, structural and geotechnical engineering.
· Our mining design team is involved in a wide variety of projects including mine tailings for mineral and oil sands mining clients both in Canada and internationally
· Our hydroelectric team does all phases of design for hydroelectric projects for large utilities and smaller independent power projects
· Our structural capabilities include bridge design and rehabilitation, seismic design, and all elements of heavy industrial engineering
· Our ports and harbors group is a leader in the development of major facilities on Canada’s coasts and internationally
designed to suit your individual needs.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package
designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 981-P12 at www.klohnjobs.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.