Sorry! Somehow you have landed on an older version of our careers page. Please click here to load the current page
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Full-Time, Temporary (Maternity Leave Coverage)
Klohn Crippen Berger’s Alberta Group is looking for a qualified Receptionist/Administrative Assistant that takes pride in their role and contribution to the organization. We are looking for a self-starter who is able to take initiative and provide exceptional administrative support to the Edmonton Team for the duration of a Maternity Leave with the possibility of extension or permanent placement if workloads allow.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
· Act as the first point of contact for visitors and those calling in to the organization; this individual will be responsible for answering a multi-line switchboard and forwarding calls to appropriate staff members as well as greeting and assisting guests
· Respond effectively to client or vendor inquiries and maintain positive client and stakeholder relationships
· Manage incoming and outgoing messages, faxes, mail and couriers
· Oversee the inventory of office supplies as well as manage the service and maintenance of office equipment as required
· Coordinate with the office building’s Property Management Company to ensure any building maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner
· Assist with project documentation including typing, editing, compiling and formatting various reports, proposals, memos and other correspondence
· Coordinate travel arrangements for Edmonton staff members including vehicle and field truck rentals
· Assist in the coordination of and preparation for meetings such as managing boardroom bookings, ensuring audio-visual equipment is available and ordering catering as required
· Ensure boardrooms, coffee stations and main office areas are kept neat, tidy and presentable for visitors and guests
· Provide assistance with various accounting related tasks including corporate credit card reconciliation, tracking and processing vendor invoices and internal charges as well as tracking and assisting with accounts receivable
· Update and maintain various filing systems
· Support Edmonton staff with expense claims and meeting weekly timesheet deadlines
· Track and maintain Library materials including the setup and cataloguing of new materials
· Provide additional administrative and project support as required
We value your:
· Minimum of 5 years of previous reception and administration experience in a professional office environment
· Strong computer skills and ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Reliability, punctuality and work ethic
· Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
· Ability and willingness to take initiative and multitask when necessary
· Friendly, outgoing personality and personable, professional phone manner
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Understanding of basic accounting principles and tasks
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Lloydminster, Saskatoon and Inuvik, KCB’s Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the onshore and offshore Oil and Gas industry, Oil Sands developments, and in our traditional Mining, Infrastructure and Water Resources markets. KCB is also a leader in tailings management, dam designs, offshore drilling islands, plant site foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1011-A13.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.