Senior Socio-Economist/Stakeholder Consultation Specialist
Mining Environmental Group – Vancouver, BC
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) requires a senior Socio-Economist/Stakeholder Consultation Specialist to support the expansion of our socio-environmental consulting services. Knowledge and experience with socio-economic impact assessment, First Nations/Indigenous Peoples and community consultation, issues management, traditional use and traditional knowledge studies, and the integration of these studies into Canadian and international regulatory reporting and permitting processes is required. The work will involve a strong commitment to business development and client relations and expanding technical excellence, as well as the opportunity to mentor a talented group of socio-environmental scientists. KCB is currently working on the development of major projects in B.C., across Canada, and around the world.
If you have a graduate degree in Social Sciences or Economics, preferably with a focus on community and international development and have a minimum of 10 years experience, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Socio-economic and/or consultation experience working on First Nations/Indigenous Peoples specific studies in Canada and elsewhere in the world
- Proven project management skills and the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working in Canadian and/or international regulatory and permitting processes
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages e.g. Spanish are an asset)
- Ability to travel within Canada and Internationally as well as to remote areas
- Ability to work flexible hours as project requirements dictate
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. KCB is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide.
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary & Edmonton, Alberta; Sudbury & Toronto, Ontario; Lima, Peru; Brisbane and Perth, Australia; and London, United Kingdom. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel (in Canada as well as internationally).
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter, quoting the job reference number 1018-M13.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.