Intermediate Fisheries Biologist - Mining Environmental Group
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) requires an Intermediate Fisheries Biologist to support expansion of the Company's environmental consulting services.
This role will give you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience with baseline development, environmental impact assessments, field work, environmental effects and habitat assessments. The work will involve a strong commitment to business development and client relations and expanding technical excellence.
If you have a Bachelors degree in Biology/Environmental Science and have a minimum of 5 years experience, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- registration or eligibility for registration as a R.P. Bio
- experience in environmental work in at least two
of the following sectors: mining, oil sands, oil and gas, hydroelectric or
other electricity generation,
transportation, land development, municipal infrastructure
- experience with fish population and fish habitat assessment (tagging and tracking experience is an asset)
- experience with benthic invertebrate sampling (CABIN certification is an asset)
- working knowledge of Provincial and Federal Environmental Legislation
- proven ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written English communication skills (other languages e.g. Spanish are an asset)
- demonstrated report writing skills
- track record as an effective team player
- availability to travel within Canada and internationally and to work flexible hours as project requirements dictate
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. KCB is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide.
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary & Edmonton, Alberta; Sudbury & Toronto, Ontario; Lima, Peru; Brisbane and Perth, Australia; and London, United Kingdom. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel (in Canada as well as internationally).
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect
opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter
quoting the job reference number 1027-M13.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.