Intermediate and Senior Engineers – Civil Infrastructure and Ports Projects
Power and Transportation Group
The Vancouver office of Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is looking for Intermediate and Senior Engineers to work on civil infrastructure, marine engineering and ports projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Candidates that can demonstrate appropriate experience and skills will have an excellent opportunity to grow with the company and to become one of the company’s future leaders as we undertake major infrastructure projects.
KCB requires qualified Engineers to fill intermediate or senior engineering roles in the company’s
KCB offers the opportunity for individuals to grow within the company and to be a part of a dynamic company that strives to ensure both employee and client satisfaction through successful implementation of our clients’ projects. This position is ideal for a candidate looking to progress into a senior project manager role.
Duties will include:
• Provide conceptual, preliminary and detailed design services related to large civil infrastructure projects, ports and harbour facilities
• Working with diverse teams of discipline engineers, designers and drafters
• Acting as a technical resource and mentoring junior staff
• Writing and compilation of technical and fee proposals to clients
• Reporting progress to our clients and to senior management at regular intervals
• Member of site visit teams, gathering information as required to complement the related design activities
• Maintaining quality throughout a project, implementing improvements when determined
• Preparing regular project summary reports
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with minimum 10 years of broad-based engineering experience, including a track record of solid results in port engineering or in other heavy civil projects with similar skills requirements
• Canadian P.Eng. registration with eligibility for registration in B.C.
• P.E. (USA) professional designation would be an asset
• Technical design experience and expertise in reinforced concrete, structural steel, piled/other foundations and earthworks. Competency in seismic design and analysis.
• Ability to understand cross-discipline design aspects and interface effectively within the multi-discipline (environmental, geotechnical, civil-structural, electrical and mechanical) design team of a large project; and understand multi-discipline design concepts depicted on project drawings
• Proven capabilities in Owner/Client liaison
• Proven ability to effectively motivate a group of professionals
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with demonstrated competent report writing skills
• Computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Familiarity with construction scheduling for large construction projects
• Ability to travel within Canada & Internationally
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with three major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary & Edmonton, Alberta;
KCB’s Power and Transportation Group provides design engineering services for major infrastructure and industrial projects. Disciplines include civil, structural, marine, bridge, hydroelectrical, mechanical, electrical, geotechnical engineering and project management services to clients in a variety of sectors.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply referencing job number 1038-P13.
We thank all candidates for applying. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.